How to keep a curly wig looking wet?
No one can deny the glamour curly wet hair gives to anyone wearing it: a curly wet wig makes you stand out wherever you go. But most people find wearing a curly wig quite demanding because you always have to worry about it looking flat or too straight. However, you'll find that maintaining the shape of your wig is much easier if you know how to care for it properly. In this article we will discuss how to keep your curly hair looking wet. With these easy tips, you'll find that you can keep your curly wig looking wet and ready to wear at all times!
Wash Your Wig
Washing your curly wig regularly helps keeping it looking as fresh and natural as possible. To achieve this:
- Fill a sink with water (warm water would be better).
- Add a small amount of shampoo with hair care ingredients, and soak your wig in it.
- Squeeze out any excess water. Be careful not to wring it out.
- Rinse thoroughly in water, then gently squeeze out any excess liquid again and dry with a towel.
Alternatively when you don’t have time for a full wash, spray your human hair wig with water mixed with conditioner. Just like in real hair, a little bit of moisture will help curls bounce back and appear fresh. This will make your curls mimic what naturally healthy curls after they’ve been dampened with some water.
Detangle Your Curly Wig
Detangling your curly wig requires some amount of dedication and patience. To retain your wig’s curls and style, you need to prevent tangles from occurring.
- Use a wide-tooth comb or paddle brush while your hair is still damp to gently detangle your hair. Comb it in small sections.
- Always start from the roots and work your way up toward the ends.
- Be gentle with your curls when detangling them. Human hair wigs tend to lose their shape if they’re overworked.
- When you come across a knot, loosen it with your fingers and continue the detangling process with your comb.
Do A Deep Conditioning Treatment.
Static, wearing wig in a wrong method, store wig in a wrong place. It’s not strange that wigs will get tangled. To keep tangles from being a huge problem:
- Try doing a deep conditioning treatment on your wig before and after wearing it. You can do so by using products like coconut oil or olive oil and conditioner.
- Don't put too much product (hair spray) in your hair because that can lead to more tangling than usual.
- At least once per week, soak your wig in warm water. Take it out and apply conditioner product liberally through all of your hair, starting at your ends and working up toward the roots.
- Sit back and let your wig absorb the nutrition for about 20 minutes.
- After the time is up, rinse with warm water and follow up with a cool water rinse to close the cuticles.
- Use a soft towel to gently blot excess water away from the skin, leaving only what washes off naturally during the toweling off process.
Allow Your Curly Wig to Air Dry
After washing your human-hair wig, air dry it instead of using a blow dryer. Using heat will cause your curls to fall flat, which is not what you're going for when wearing curly hair—you want them to look like they just came out of a tropical vacation, even after it's been washed and dried.
Avoid using heat as much as you can to dry and style your curly human hair wig. Hair dryers, curling irons and hot rollers can cause hair burn as well as frizziness which are not good for your human hair wig. Allow your wig air dry and you will enjoy tangle free wig.
Apply Hair Mousse or Cream
To keep a curly wig looking wet, use any mousse of your choice or a cream that can maintain the curly styling, such as Schwarzkopf foam mousse and Cantu coconut curling cream, and apply a large amount on the hair evenly and finger-comb it through your hair. It helps define each curl and shape it to look wet even when dry. The best products for styling curly wigs are water-based; they're light enough to apply without weighing down your hair. Hair mousse is ideal for voluminous styles; cream works well for fine hair.
Apply Curly Hair Oil
Use a product designed for curly hair or natural oils such as olive oil or coconut oil. They help maintain volume and style without weighing down your wig and making it look flat. Apply a quarter-sized amount of hair oil evenly through your hairline.
When applying hair oil, moderation is advised, as too much oil can cause your wig to attract so much dust when you are in public.
You may choose to use argan or jasmine oil products if you prefer. These hair oils could bring some nutrition to your hair and make it more shiny and they also tend to have a nice, subtle fragrance that doesn't compete with perfume. Make sure you allow enough time for these products to dry completely before continuing with styling.
Comb and Style
Comb your hair to keep it in the style you want and then let it dry naturally. After the hair is completely dry, you can have your desired wet hair style.
Your curly wig should last long under normal wear and tear conditions with proper care and attention. Luvme Hair's curly wig is made of 100% remy virgin hair. We hope this article helps you learn how to keep your curly human hair looking fresh and wet as this can make your wig last long thereby saving you money.
To browse more stylish and glamourous curly wigs, visit HERE.