How long do lace front wigs last?
Lace front wigs are extremely popular amongst women who wear wigs and continue to be in high demand due to the amazing transformation it has on women’s hairstyles and their overall look. Whether it is your first time purchasing a lace front wig or a veteran wig wearer, you want your wig to last as long as possible. A high-quality lace front wig is a purchase you want to enjoy for a long period of time. There are many factors to consider that determine how long your lace front wig will last.
The average lifespan of most lace front wigs is 6 months to 1 year. It can be shorter or longer. These are dependent on ;
- Quality of hair
- Lace material
QUALITY OF HAIR
One of the most important elements to take into consideration when purchasing your lace front wig is the quality of the lace front wig. This ultimately determines how long the lace front wig will last. Quality of hair can be categorized into 2 key factors;
- Type of hair
- Where to buy
Type of Hair
Lace front wigs can be made from either human hair or synthetic hair which both have a significant effect on the longevity of the lace front wigs.
Human Hair - Like the name it is made from real human hair. The hair is primarily sourced from donors who have long, thick, shiny, and healthy hair. Just like human hair, it can absorb moisture well and with the help of oils as a sealant, it can maintain moisture levels for long periods of time. When your lace front wig hair strands are hydrated the hair will stay soft, shiny, healthy, and lustrous for a very long time. Your lace front wig can be made from Virgin human hair which has its cuticles still intact and has not experienced any chemical process thereby lasting a longer time than Remy human hair which has gone through chemical processes such as color curls or waves.
Synthetic Hair- It is made from a blend of plastics that mimic the behavior of human hair. It does not last a very long time as it is unable to maintain or take in moisture well. With the frequency of drying, matting, and bad taking to heat, synthetic hair will last a very short time.
Where to Buy
There are thousands of sellers globally selling lace front wigs. Unfortunately, there are many vendors that cannot be trusted as they will sell low-quality lace front wigs to unsuspecting buyers. They will be made from low-quality material that will not be sturdy and can easily damage. Always opt to purchase from a reputable vendor. Before you buy a wig, you should search that brand on website(Instagram/Facebook/Youtube), check their fans number and reviews. Luvme Hair provides the highest quality hair products in the industry while guaranteeing professional and informed expert assistance for a pampering online shopping experience.
When it comes to the construction of the lace front wig, the lace material used plays a huge factor in determining how long the wig will last. Lace is a soft, light, comfortable, breathable, and very sturdy material. It has a lifespan of 1 to 2 years.
FREQUENCY OF WEAR
How many times you wear your lace front wig will dictate how long it will last. For example, wearing your lace front wig daily for 2 months will automatically shorten its lifespan due to deterioration of everyday wear and tear that is unavoidable. Have 2 wigs or more on rotation that can allow you to not have to overwear your lace front wig. A human hair wig worn every day will last 1 to 2 years whilst a lace front human hair wig worn occasionally can last 2 to 4 years.
Of course, you want to look and feel your best with your lace front wig on, however, it is very easy to increase or decrease the lifespan of your wig depending on your styling techniques.
- Make sure to use a heat protectant when using any heat styling tools.
- Use moisturizing products such as a leave-in conditioner before styling your lace front wig.
- Always be gentle when styling the lace front wig.
- Avoid using too much product use.
- Always use a detangling brush or a wide-tooth comb to detangle hair before styling.
The lace material is a delicate material and it is very crucial to take care of your lace front wig on or off your head. Making sure your lace front wig is properly stored when not in use is integral for its longevity.
- Use a wig stand to place the lace front wig when not in use to preserve the style and the structure intact.
- Keep the lace front wig away from direct sunlight as this over time will damage the wig.
- Use the packaging the lace front wig came with when it was delivered to properly and safely store your wig. This sturdy packaging will keep the lace front wig safe and protected from damage.
To enjoy your lace front wig looking healthy, shiny and its density, maintenance is necessary. You need to schedule and structure a routine dedicated to taking care of the lace front wig to prevent any hair breakage or damage to the wig. There are a few key things to maintain your wig well;
- Do not keep it on longer than 2 to 6 weeks without taking it off.
- Ensure the hair strands are well moisturized to keep the lace front wig healthy, soft, and shiny.
- Regularly shampoo and condition the lace front wig to get rid of any product build-up, dirt, or any adhesive residue.
- Always be gentle when handling the lace front wig.
- Invest in a silk or satin bonnet or pillowcase to avoid friction and tangling when sleeping or lying on your furniture.
- Deep condition the wig to repair the structure of the cuticles and maintain the health of the wig.
- Avoid hair products that have harsh chemicals that can deteriorate the health of the wig hair and the base structure.
Lace front wigs are constructed to last for years if well taken care of. Remember any damage caused on your lace front wig is irreversible, therefore, invest in taking steps to not only maintain but increase the lace front wigs lifespan.